|Job Categories:||Admin – Clerical, Railroad|
Site Shipping Clerk
Baton Rouge, LA
Are you seeking to be a part of a team-oriented company that provides quality training and values safety first? Petroleum Service Corporation is looking for individuals to work as a Site Shipping Clerk in an industrial chemical plant environment. The primary responsibility of this position is to calculate innage/outage of hopper cars at the facility and for completing necessary paperwork involving hopper car shipments.
Work Schedule: 12 Hour Rotating Shift (Days/Nights/Weekends)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow job specific procedures at all times.
- Ensure all inbound rail cars are approved for loading.
- Ensure accuracy on all paperwork on railcars leaving the plant and all sample results for each railcar have been received.
- Communicate professionally and courteously with other employees, customers and drivers on a daily basis. Good communications and comprehension when speaking with and hearing from individuals or groups and when on the phone and 2 way-radio.
- Troubleshoot, escalate and or mitigate problems when a discrepancy is found. The ability to multitask us a must.
- Ensure that all truck drivers adhere to the site’s safety expectations.
- Perform an effective shift handover during shift relief
- Communications- maintain notifications between Shipping and others: Team leads, production management, supervision, board operations Engineering, Lab, KCS AND CN railroads, Warehouse supervision and truck drivers.
- Emergency- headcount attendant for the site
- Weigh Master testing and certification from the State of La.
- Generate and manage data and records of all railcars and trucks
- Use of the following data systems:
- Data-Visualization – Operations data system
- Sample-Manager – Lab data system
- Muster System – Emergency headcount system for onsite personnel
- Internet System – Railcar billing system
- SAP for Payload Max – railcar loading data
- Outlook – email system
- Yard Master – railcar handling data
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- Proficient in:
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Detailed and important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, and/or quickly.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.